Seeing issue with cname

Jan 31, 2013 at 4:05 AM
I like your solution, but am seeing some issues. I have a cname for my site, seems the only way i can use my domain name, on an E3 account. When i create a blog post, everything seems to work out fine. The problem occurs when i go to click on the post. The url points to the office 365 default url and when clicked is displayed under that url instead of the cname i also notice that on my iphone the blog site isn't anonymous and prompts for login, while on a pc it seems to display fine under anonymous.

Any ideas what the problem could be?

Karnith
Jan 31, 2013 at 4:52 AM
Karnith,
To use your domain name with the public site, use the CNAME with a host of www, ping the default domain to get the ip address and add that as an A record. That way www.domain.com and plain domain.com will both work. It should also straighten out the confusion 365 has with relative urls. I'm not sure if that will help with the iPhone issue - I haven't tried. Let us know if it does.
Jan 31, 2013 at 9:59 AM
webbrewers wrote:
Karnith,
To use your domain name with the public site, use the CNAME with a host of www, ping the default domain to get the ip address and add that as an A record. That way www.domain.com and plain domain.com will both work. It should also straighten out the confusion 365 has with relative urls. I'm not sure if that will help with the iPhone issue - I haven't tried. Let us know if it does.
Was already ahead of you. I have fixed the site collection (deleted it and recreated it with my domain) and used static ip A record. I recreated the site collection because I noticed that the site was accessible to both my domain name and the default domain name. I'm thinking that it's possible that Access mappings were causing the issue also. Since I recreated the site collection with my domain, it is no longer accessible with the Office 365 default url and all seems to be working fine.

Thanks,

Karnith
Jan 31, 2013 at 10:20 AM
Still seeing an issue with mobile devices. From looking at it, it has to do with the mobile site of SharePoint blog which causes a login prompt. Will look more into it tomorrow.
Coordinator
Feb 3, 2013 at 3:05 PM
If you are in a hurry, you can try the mobile access solution: http://www.fiechter.eu/blog/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?ID=4&mobile=0

Anyway, Microsoft will update Office 365 subscriptions soon. It seems that P1 will be updated until 27.2.
Feb 3, 2013 at 10:26 PM
spadrian wrote:
If you are in a hurry, you can try the mobile access solution: http://www.fiechter.eu/blog/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?ID=4&mobile=0

Anyway, Microsoft will update Office 365 subscriptions soon. It seems that P1 will be updated until 27.2.
I looked and tried this, but the solution seems to have some problems with deactivation and what not. My solution is to use jQuery with two links.

The solution also seems to make every url have a mobile=0 href which goggle will have a difficult time parsing the url (to my understanding).
Instead, I have made some jQuery to set the links.
For it to work, you will need the top site to show sub sites in the navigation, then create a new link with mobile=0. the JQuer is this

<script language="javascript" src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.9.0/jquery.min.js"></script>
<script> $.noConflict(); jQuery(document).ready(function($){ if (/Android|webOS|iPhone|iPad|iPod|BlackBerry/i.test(navigator.userAgent) || (/Android|webOS|iPhone|iPad|iPod|BlackBerry/i.test(navigator.platform))) { // remove standard link and show mobile link $('li.static').find('a[href="/blog/default.aspx"]').hide(); $('li.static').find('a[href="/blog/?mobile=0"]').show(); } else{ $('li.static').find('a[href="/blog/default.aspx"]').show(); $('li.static').find('a[href="/blog/?mobile=0"]').hide(); } }); </script> change out the href with the url of the sites needed. Add this Jquery to a content editor web part and it will change the links from hidden to show depending on the device and platform.